Welcome to our Medical Home web page
The medical home model of care has a structure that supports the achievement of the Triple Aim (to improve the health of the population; enhance the patient experience [quality, access, reliability], and; reduce the per capita cost of care). In our community of Coos and Curry Counties, provider offices have been recognized as a medical home from the Oregon Health Authority and the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
The following clinics in Coos and Curry Counties hold the following recognitions:
Patient Centered Primary Care Home (PCPCH)
“A Patient-Centered Primary Care Home is a health clinic that is recognized for their commitment to patient-centered care. And just as it sounds, patient-centered care is all about you and your health!”
Key Attributes of Care
- Accessible: Care is available when patients need it.
- Accountable: Clinics take responsibility for their community and provide quality care.
- Comprehensive: Patients get the care, information and services they need to stay healthy.
- Continuous: Providers know their patients and work with them to improve their health over time.
- Coordinated: Clinics help patients navigate the health care system to get the care they need in a safe and timely way.
- Patient & Family Centered: Patients and families are the most important part of health care. Care should draw on a patient’s strengths to set goals, and communication should be culturally competent and understandable for all.
The following clinics in Coos and Curry Counties have been recognized as a
Patient Centered Primary Care Home (PCPCH):
Bay Clinic, LLP Coos Bay
Coast Community Health Center Bandon
Curry Community Health Brookings
Curry Community Health Gold Beach
Curry Community Health Port Orford
Curry Medical Center Brookings
North Bend Medical Center Inc. Coos Bay
North Bend Medical Center Inc. Coquille
North Bend Medical Center Inc. Gold Beach
North Bend Medical Center Inc. Myrtle Point
Waterfall Community Health Center North Bend
Waterfall Community Health Center Coos Bay
Waterfall Community Health Center Powers
For a full listing of recognized PCPCH clinics please follow this link:
National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Recognition
NCQA defines PCMH as “A patient-centered medical home is a model of care that strengthens the physician-patient relationship by replacing episodic care with coordinated care and a long-term healing relationship. Each patient has an ongoing relationship with a personal physician who leads a team at a single location that takes collective responsibility for patient care, providing for the patient’s health care needs and arranging for appropriate care with other qualified clinicians. The medical home is intended to result in more personalized, coordinated, effective and efficient care. A medical home achieves these goals through a high level of accessibility, providing excellent communication among patients, physicians and staff and taking full advantage of the latest information technology to prescribe, communicate, track test results, obtain clinical support information and monitor performance.”
Standards of Care:
- Access and Communication
- Patient Tracking
- Care Management
- Patient Self-Management Support
- Electronic Prescribing
- Test Tracking
- Referral Tracking
- Performance Reporting and Improvement
- Advanced Electronic Communication
The following clinic in Coos County has been recognized as a
Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH):
Waterfall Clinic, Inc. (Waterfall Community Health Center) North Bend
To learn more about the NCQA PCMH recognition program please follow this link: http://www.ncqa.org/Portals/0/Programs/Recognition/PCMH/PCMH-2014_Brochure-web-1.pdf